Huwebes, Disyembre 06, 2012

Help please


I would like to share something that happened to me. Last night I was on the MRT when I overheard people talking to a woman. When the train got less crowded, I saw that the woman was sitting down with her son, perhaps 12 years old, his head on her shoulders. The boy, who was wearing a face mask, was groaning apparently in pain while his mother was holding up his shirt collar away from his chest. The woman shared to those who would ask, that her son accidentally got burned by boiling water. Upon checkup, they found out that he has Juvenile Diabetes, making it harder for the burns to heal.

She related that they have been to countless hospitals, barangay officials, TV networks and even politicians asking for help. Seeing the boy groan, all the way from Ortigas to Taft Station broke my heart. What struck me however was the mom who appeared calm. She wasn’t crying or begging for alms, she was just sharing to us her son’s condition because we asked. One woman standing next to me, a nurse, gave her some bandages to use and some of us even gave her some money (she is taking the train to the hospital).

I took her photo and asked for her contact details. In this spirit of Christmas, maybe you can help one child and her mom.







Thank you.

Her name is Marlyn Marcelo 09307902828 and her son is Christian Angelo.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento