Lunes, Mayo 14, 2012

Movie Friday: Dark Shadows

Last Friday, I watched a movie I've been looking forward to since I saw its trailer a month back. (Cue: lightning and thunder) Dark Shadows!


It's about a man, Barnabas, from the year 1772 (I think?). His family moved from Liverpool to start a new life in America. They established a fishing village, which later grew into a town. His father taught him one valuable lesson even as a child, and that is the importance of family.
Unfortunately, he broke the heart of their lady servant, Angelie, who was secretly a wish. Due to her rage, she hypnotized Baranabas' lady love to jump off a clip, and him, she turned into a vampire. Locked in a coffin for two centuries, Barnabas was set free in the year 1972, with the world changed, and his family fortune lost to ruins. He set out on a mission to restore his family's honor and fortune, with the side story of fighting off the still living Angelie, who devoted her life to destroy Barnabas' family.


I came out of the movie theater generally disappointed. It wasn't the movie I pictured it to be. Darn expectations! Haha It was a good movie, in bits and pieces. There were a lot of funny scenes, and well, there were others. I don't know, it was just different from what I expected. Is that bad?


Anyway, Dark Shadows is a comedy remake of the "supernatural daytime soap opera" of the same title from the 1960s. 
*Photos grabbed from the internet.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento