Miyerkules, Hulyo 04, 2012

Pig Out: Happy 6 Days

Now ever since I started teaching English to Korean students back in 2010, I have also learned to appreciate their culture. Their songs (K-POP) is a huge success here, and their dramas are notorious. But perhaps the best thing about Korean culture is the food. Yay!

For those who haven't tried Korean food yet (seriously?), this diet is mostly composed of rice, meat, and a lot of vegetables. Kimchi (spiced cabbage - or any other vegetable alternative) is a Korean staple.  

Anyway, let me introduce you to our favorite Korean restaurant; Happy 6 Days! A few weeks ago, I was craving for some Korean food, so a friend accompanied me to have dinner there. And yes, in preparation for the dinner, I skipped lunch. (Cue: Korean food usually come in big orders, so it is best enjoyed sharing.)

Here are some of my personal faves:

Beef Kimbap
Steamed white rice with vegetables and beef rolled in dried seaweed. And oh, they have a yummy dip for it!


Grilled pork belly.
Eating it is fun: put a piece of meat on top of a lettuce, mix in some sauce (a soybean sauce and a sesame oil one), roll it inside the lettuce and voila! Eat! nom nom nom.


Kimchi soup


And of course, one should never skip dessert. Although Koreans aren't famous for their desserts (in fact it is uncommon to find some in their menus), they do have delicious ice cream! So after a hearty Korean meal, make sure to drop by a nearby Korean grocery for some ice cream! Unfortunately, I wasn't able to take a photo of mine, but I took one of this...Peppero!

Peppero is a delicious pretzel stick wrapped in chocolate. I especially love these almond variant!


So the next time you are craving for some delish Korean food, make sure to drop our suki restaurant:

Happy 6 Days
Escriva Drive, Ortigas Center, Pasig City


The place is dainty and comforting, the banchan unlimited (wink wink), and the prices are just right!

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento