Lunes, Hulyo 02, 2012

Pig Out: Ted's La Paz Batchoy

My co-workers and I went to Megamall last week after work to grab some dinner. I really wasn't hungry, but decided to go with them anyway. Halfway to Megamall, it began to rain...HEAVY. When we reached the food court, I decided I wanted something warm, too. Guess what bid me hello. :)


You don't understand! For an Ilongga, this is a big deal! (Hehe)

For those who don't know what batchoy is (seriously?) Wikipedia says its noodle soup made with pork organs, crushed porkcracklingschicken stockbeef loin and round noodles.

You see, I've long been craving for this dish, but since I'm an Ilongga (I was born and raised in Roxas City, and studied in Iloilo City where La Paz is. - La Paz, Iloilo is where batchoy came from.) I know what authentic batchoy tastes like. And quite frankly (I'm sorry to all you city people) I'm disappointed with all the batchoys I've tried here. (Well, I've tried about one or two pa lang - and I stopped trying since then.) Anyway, imagine my excitement when I saw this stall in the food court! :D

                It seems they just opened as evidenced by the clean stall (hehe) and balloons.


Check out these bowls (??) on the ceiling. 


I got the EXTRA SPECIAL bowl and an order of puto (steamed rice cake). I think it cost me around P110 or something. It was good, perfect for the rainy weather! :D  


And oh, did I mention they are on unlimited caldo (soup of the batchoy)? Good, huh?


Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento