Miyerkules, Hunyo 20, 2012

Movie Weekend: Rock of Ages

Rock ain't dead

A few weeks ago, I saw the awesomest trailer of a movie. Rock of Ages! You have to let me explain, for someone who loves loves LOVES musicals, this is exciting! I loved Grease back when I was an elementary student, memorized all the songs to Phantom of the Opera, and well, you get the picture. I may not be the biggest fan of musicals, but I love them. I mean good story + music, how can you go wrong? Anyhow, over the weekend, I finally had the chance to watch the movie since it premiered some time last week, and let me tell you, it was eargasmic!


Sherrie was a "small town girl" with a big dream. She moved to L.A and there she met and fell in love with Drew, a struggling musician who works as an errand boy for the legendary club, the Bourbon Room. Anyhoo, they fall in love, yadda yadda yadda.


Although the Bourbon Room has become an icon in the rock scene, paving way to musicians such as the infamous Stacie Jaxx (Tom Cruise), its owner Dennis Dupree (Alec Baldwin) is facing bankruptcy. Not to mention closure as part of the mayor's wife's (Catherine Zeta-Jones) advocacy to ridding the city of "filth" (Rock music is filth, they say.).


Let's just say what happens next are a series of unforgettable musical numbers, brilliant humor, and well, sex. (All R13 of it) Watch out for a duet by Dennis and his assistant, Lonny. (Russell Brand) And the beginning of pop bands... Oops! I said too much. The movie is set in 1987! Go watch it, will you! :)

And, its theater version (from which it was based) is simultaneously running. I heard it's really good (better even than the movie) and has had really great reviews, too. Very curious. Must watch it!


What's your price for fame?

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento