Martes, Abril 17, 2012

A Cat in the Hat kind of Birthday

April 16 is my niece Kirsten's 8-month birthday. But since it's a Monday, my sister and brother-in-law celebrated her birthday on the Sunday prior. The party was held at my brother-in-law's family's house (well, maybe because there was a lot of space) and there was tons of food! The theme was Cat in the Hat and it was cute!

Anang (my sister) printed out this cute Happy Birthday banner and these cuter Cat in the Hat cut-outs. My brother-in-law's sister wrote Kirsten's name on bond papers, which I thought was really sweet!


Check out one of the really cute Cat in the Hat miniature poster cut-outs!


Anang ordered this cake online and we picked it up on our way to the party. It looked okay at first...


But it looked even more awesome when Anang added some touches!


Aww, just look at our baby doll. 



For those of you who saw my baby niece's awesome party hat and wonder to yourself, "how did she do it" , this is your lucky day! It is I who made that hat and I will impart to you my knowledge.

What you will need:

 A crazy aunt (Here!)

A piece of paper with print (Preferably a left-over one from supposed party decorations, just pulled out from a folder to use as a fan because it is so warm in the Philippines and Kirsten is perspiring.)

 Left-over piece of double-sided tape
 A piece of flower randomly picked from a tree

What you need to do:
1. Be bored, be very bored, otherwise you wouldn't have thought of this crazy idea.
2. Fold the piece of paper in a way you think is right to make a hat. I don't know how I did it, honestly. Just fold it. (Make sure the hat will fit perfectly to your niece's head.)
Very important note: In case you haven't noticed yet, head size varies.
3. Tape where you folded to lock in shape.
4. Top with flower to add aesthetic value.
5. Force baby to wear it.
Voila!


Love you, baby KC!

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento