Lunes, Abril 16, 2012

Movie Weekend: Battleship

Last Saturday, we watched the movie Battleship. Again, at first, despite of its cool trailer, I was doubtful of the movie. I thought it was another one of those cool, high-tech movies that would lack in story line and compensate on special effects. I was surprisingly disappointed. 


The movie was nice. It was about two brothers - the older responsible Commanding Officer of the US Navy and the younger talented but stubborn, impulsive and unorganized slacker. Because of his complete lack of responsibility, the younger brother, Alex Hopper was forced to join the Navy, in the hopes of converting his idle ways. On a side note, there were some scientists who found a planet hypothetically like our own and is capable of sustaining life. They made a connection to what was supposedly Planet G and unexpectedly received an answer. As one scientist wittingly said, "It's like Colombus and the Indians again; only that we are the Indians." (I don't know if I remembered it right, but it meant something like that.) Thus began the battle.

I liked movie for a few reasons. First of all, I like the humor. Hopper was witty and they are able to make interesting a few scenes. Secondly, I liked the part of the veterans. It was an AWWWW moment. Thirdly, Captain Nagata. He is cute!! (His tactical and shooting skills are awesome too.)


I liked the whole strategics of it all, the application of Sun Tzu's Art of War (which I related to Hopper, I've read it, I liked it but I don't get it a 100%). A very impressive take on the game Battleship, where it was obviously based!


What I didn't like though was the ending. It felt too sudden, they didn't expound on what exactly happened to the aliens/scientists after the epic battle. It was as if they finished school as opposed to fighting aliens, losing a brother, and saving the world. It felt lighter than what I would have wanted.

Over all though, it was a great movie. If you haven't watched it yet, you should right now!

*Photos taken from the Internet.



Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento