Miyerkules, Hulyo 11, 2012

Dessert Time: Gelatissimo

Growing up, I have listed Italian food on top of my favorite cuisines list. I mean come on, who doesn't love pizza and pasta? Then comes a word that made Italian food all the more irresistible for me: gelato! (Just the thought of it makes me all giddy!) So when me and friends pigged out on Thai food last week - blogged here, (and Thai not being famous for dessert), we decided to roam Serendra for dessert! You could say I knew exactly what I wanted.


For those who do not know what gelato is (seriously dude, go have yourself checked) - Wikipedia tells us that Gelato is the Italian word for ice cream; a sweet treat that is served frozen. Most gelato is different from the traditional recipe of ice cream because it is lighter, having lower butterfat content than traditional, factory made ice cream. 

Hello, beautiful.


I got one of my all-time faves Choc Mint. (Don't be fooled - I got the smallest cup which was cost me around P100 I guess? Sorry guys I forgot.)
While gelato is delish, you don't want to eat too much. I like mine in small amounts. (Small, frequent amounts. Teehee!)


The store was pretty and my gelato, prettier! Here's a tip: one can never never have too much gelato. Its the perfect comfort food. I mean, who wouldn't smile with a scoop of gelato? So the next time you're feeling down - head on down to a gelato shop. Works every time.

Gelatissimo has six branches all across the country, three in Cebu and three here in Manila. I found them in Serendra, BGC.

1 komento: