Linggo, Abril 29, 2012

A Funny Evening

Last Thursday, we watched an awesome show. Premier Filipino American comedian, Rex Navarrete flew in and gave us a night of laughter. I was a fan back in college as soon as I saw his youtube videos, so when I learned he was coming over, YOU BET I WILL WATCH!


It was also a night of firsts for me. It was the first time I will be watching stand up comedy for the first time, and with Rex Navarrete as the comedian no doubt! It was also the first time that I go back to Resorts World Manila  (maybe even my first for this year.) It's an awesome place it's just that it's far away from where I am. Also, it was the first time that I will be going in the Newport Performing Arts Theater! So exciting. Check out these plush seats!


The spaces were wide, too and the inclination -watchamacallit of the seats with regards to the stage was great. As soon as we came in (roughly around 8:10, the show was "supposed" to start at 8:30PM) we were "marked". I'm crazy and uber excited so I took a photo! (WALANG BASAGAN NG TRIP!)


Here's an overview picture of the theater.


We waited for about 20 minutes before the show started. The waiting killed (well, because I don't like waiting) and we got bored watching the same commercials running on their two screens.  The show started at about past 9PM (Not sure) with two front acts, magician Erik Mana and Mike Unson. I enjoyed and was in awe at the tricks of Erik Mana. It was the first time I have seen him perform and it was great. It was especially hilarious his stint on this guy with toilet paper. Hilarious!

Mike Unson was also great. I loved his take on the typical story lines of Pinoy telenovelas! And that one he did about girls having guys name as hot, but it being awkward if it was the other way around. Haha!

Anyway, they had like a fifteen minute break after Mike Unson's act. This kind of pissed me off and made me sad at the same time because it was almost eleven and I had to go home before twelve! As soon as Rex Navarrete stepped on stage, I knew the wait was worth it though. I was star struck! Here was the guy whose funny antics my friends and I would laugh about in college. Here was the guy that brought back so many happy memories! It was just awesome, man!


The sad thing was we had to leave before the show ended. I dunno how long the show went after we left, I didn't wanna know. It's enough for me to know that I saw Rex Navarrete perform live, yay!

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento